Besides the various garden centres, bulk manure can be obtained from the following places:
- Meadow Lane
- Iffley village, the horse owners leave bags of fresh manure for you to collect yourself, there is a charge per bag
- Abingdon Road Stables
- Opposite the Mediterranean Fish Bar. No contact number, but there is usually someone around in the mornings. You will need something to dig with and something to put it into, but otherwise it is free.
- Mr Haynes (senior) – 01865 242728
- David Haynes (son) 01865 351617
- Delivered by tractor load, only at weekends because of getting down Fairacres Road.
- Muck & Mulch 01793 575100 | 07831 437989
- Growell 07831261082/07786405214.
At a lecture by Charles Downing (known for no-dig) revealed that he was not averse to buying bags of compost from Aldi and Lidl, particularly at the end-of season sales.
Note: If you have any spare manure you could offer its use for the fruit trees in the Orchard. Please speak to any member of the committee.